Friday, July 1, 2011

From the desk of a Guest Writer


                                          look at yourself....!!! 


I was born with a tail, hair covering the entire body, long teeth to make myself comfortable with all kinds of food. With changing times, I have shed my tail. The fur cover is all gone. But all this while beyond the cognizance of my inner intuition, certain change was accumulating within me. A thing called "my need" has been slowly building its base inside me. once upon a time , I used to earn my livelihood by hunting. I used to eat fruits, vegetables, meat. I did not have a home and not even a dress to protect myself from the elements of weather. I have everything at my disposal today.

It all started with the invention of the wheel. It showed the way for further invention & terms like 'progress' and 'development' were coined. 'Necessity is the mother of invention' was framed and the world got a new looking glass. 
But as we moved from wheel to motor, naphtha-paraffin to petrol-diesel, bullock carts to trains, we still wanted more. We have moved on to airplanes yet our pursuit continues. The maids have given ways to washing machines, the sun has given ways to heater, A.Cs have replaced the khus-khus  - cyclically the forests have given way to mines, innocent childhood have covered in front of child labor. Playing grounds have given way to computer-games, drawing room adda-sessions have given way to Facebooks, and human beings have given way to technological zombies. Comfort and profit, balanced sheets and unbalanced viewpoints have taken us today to a point of no-return.
In spite of having almost everything I needed, I am still unsatisfied, hungry, uncontented and greedy. The greed keeps evolving.......
                                                      (the writer is Sanjay roy)
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment